Tae represents employers in federal and state courts across the country, before the American Arbitration Association, and before traditional labor arbitrators. His litigation experience includes representing clients in matters arising under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act. He also has significant experience representing clients in Alabama state law retaliatory discharge cases.
In addition to formal litigation, Tae represents clients before administrative agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, National Labor Relations Board, and the Alabama Department of Labor.
Highlights from the past few years of Tae’s practice include:
- Obtaining a Court dismissal on jurisdictional grounds for a federally recognized sovereign entity in a lawsuit brought by a former employee under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, which was later affirmed by the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Obtaining a Court dismissal in a first-impression employment discrimination lawsuit involving interpretation of the Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Act.
- Obtaining full summary judgment for a large manufacturing company in a matter involving claims of religious and national origin discrimination, retaliation, and hostile work environment.
- Defending a large privately-held employer in a five-day federal jury trial in an Americans with Disabilities Act matter.
- Christine Williams v. Poarch Band of Creek Indians, 839 F.3d 1312 (11th Cir. 2016)
- Bobby Ashford v. Danberry at Inverness, No. 2:15-CV-00291-RDP, 2016 WL 4615782 (N.D. Ala. Sept. 6, 2016)
- Curtis Broom, Jr. v. AXA Advisors, LLC & AXA Network, LLC, No: 2:16-CV-0028-RDP (N.D. Ala. Aug. 15, 2016)
- Ali Jamous v. Saint-Gobain Corporation, No. 5:14-CV-01517-JEO, 2016 WL 4206320 (N.D. Ala. Aug. 10, 2016)
- Todd Pollard v. Drummond Company, Inc., No. 2:12-CV-03948-MHH, 2015 WL 5306084 (N.D. Ala. Sept. 10, 2015)
- Annette Ross v. Fresh Market, Inc., No. 2:13-CV-1524-SLB, 2015 WL 4749201 (N.D. Ala. Aug. 11, 2015)
- Christine Williams v. Poarch Band of Creek Indians, No. 14-594-CG-M, 2015 WL 4104611 (S.D. Ala. July 8, 2015)
- Samuel Calvin v. Michelin North America, Inc., No. 7:13-cv-0824-SLB, 2013 WL 4521975 (N.D. Ala. Aug. 26, 2013)
- Cope v. Smith, No. 1:11cv192 LG-RHW, 2011 WL 4527414 (S.D. Miss. Sept. 23, 2011)
- DocRX, Inc. v. DOX Consulting, LLC, 738 F. Supp. 2d 1234 (S.D. Ala. 2010)