- Defends single- and multi-plaintiff litigation and EEOC investigations involving Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, FMLA, LAD, CEPA, NYHRL, NYCHRL, breach of contract claims, and employment-related torts.
- Provides advice and counsel to employers concerning a variety of day-to-day employment-related issues, including drafting of employee handbooks and personnel policies, leave requirements, internal investigations, workplace reductions, and labor matters.
- Prosecutes and defends lawsuits seeking temporary and injunctive relief related to non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, and claims of misappropriation of trade secrets, tortious interference, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Regularly provides advice on every phase of whistleblower and retaliation matters, from responding to complaints to defending litigation.
- Drafts and reviews various employment-related agreements, including employment agreements, severance and release agreements, confidentiality agreements, and non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Obtained summary judgment in age discrimination and employee/independent contractor lawsuit brought under the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination in New Jersey state court on behalf of international insurance company.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing former employee’s FMLA interference and retaliation claims in New Jersey federal court on behalf of national pharmaceutical company
- Obtained complete dismissal with prejudice of former employee’s claims of age discrimination under the ADEA, national origin and religious discrimination under Title VII, and disability discrimination under the ADA in New York federal court on behalf of large supermarket company.
- Obtained injunctive relief preliminarily enjoining and restraining a client’s former employee from soliciting its current employees and/or customers and from disclosing its confidential information in violation of non-compete/non-solicitation agreement.
- Successfully negotiated favorable settlements in numerous matters involving claims of discrimination, harassment, failure to accommodate, retaliation, hostile work environment, and FMLA violations.
- Newnam v. Chubb & Son, 2015 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 205 (App. Div. Feb. 5, 2015)
- Palan v. Inovio Pharmaceuticals, 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 112850 (E.D. Pa. Aug. 26, 2015)
Human Resources Counseling
Unfair Competition and Trade Secrets
Whistleblower and Retaliation Threats