Nonnie’s clients run the gamut from large, international companies to flourishing local businesses. Her personal clients include a Fortune 75 international air carrier, national banks, several regional and local law firms, title agencies, in-home care providers, physician practice groups, and numerous not-for-profits, including trade associations.
While Nonnie’s clients seek her out to resolve problems before litigation ensues and to prevent litigation by acting proactively, Nonnie’s litigation successes include:
- Successfully defended one of the largest insurance companies in the world against breach of contract, defamation, tortious interference and myriad other claims in a two-week jury trial, including obtaining and recovering nearly $1 million dollars in sanctions, attorneys’ fees and costs after prevailing at trial.
- Obtained complete summary judgment for international air carrier in disability discrimination case, in part based on the rare ruling by the court that the employee did not have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Obtained complete summary judgment and award of costs for a national trucking company in a gender discrimination case involving a long-term female employee in a male-dominated industry.
- Obtained complete summary judgment in a multi-plaintiff age discrimination case involving a reduction-in-force due to changing business for an international technology and manufacturing company.
- Obtained complete summary judgment for a retail company in a wrongful termination case in which the company allegedly blackballed and defamed a former employee.
- Won a total defense judgment and an award of all attorneys’ fees incurred after a multi-day arbitration for a national bank in a wrongful termination case.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of a multi-plaintiff age discrimination case filed in federal court for a large brokerage company, and prevailing after appeal taken to the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.