Ms. Miller represents management in all facets of labor and employment law and civil rights, including wage and hour law, employment discrimination law, wrongful termination, executive employment contracts, trade secrets/non-compete agreements, sexual harassment, drug and alcohol testing, and personnel policies and manuals. She also provides counseling to employers on litigation avoidance by concentrating on preventive measures and designing strategies to ensure compliance with state and federal laws. Ms. Miller also represents management in various labor and employment litigation matters, including hearings and trials in state and federal trial appellate courts and before government agencies.
- J.D., cum laude, Harvard Law School, 1991
- B.S., summa cum laude, American University, 1988
Admittance to Practice
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh, Ninth and Tenth Circuits
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section, Litigation Section)
- State Bar of Arizona (Labor and Employment Section, Animal Law Section, member of Executive Council)
- Animal Legal Defense Fund (Board Member)
- Ogletree Deakins Seminar - "Less Than Zero? A Pragmatic Approach to Enforcing Sexual Harassment Policies in the Wake of the #MeToo Movement" - Scottsdale - October 26, 2018
- ACC Program - "The Final Overtime Regulations: What the New Minimum Salary Requirement Means for Employers" - Phoenix - December 8, 2016
- C4CM Audio Conference - "Overtime Injunction! Handling Planning, Employee Communications and Strategies for the Overtime Overhaul" - November 29, 2016
- Ogletree Deakins Webinar - "Best Practices in the Wake of the Overtime Rule Injunction: How Employers can Launch a Quick Plan of Action" - November 29, 2016
- Ogletree Deakins Workplace Strategies Seminar (moderator) - "More Wage and Hour Suits (And Enforcement) Than Ever? Really?" - Chicago - May 2016
- Ogletree Deakins Seminar - "Employment Updates" - Phoenix - January 26 - 27, 2016
- Ogletree Deakins Seminar - "Latest Developments in Wage & Hour Law: The Shifting Landscape of Overtime Exemptions and Independent Contractors" - Scottsdale - September 25, 2015
- AZ Restaurant Association - "Top Ten Employment Mistakes Restauranteurs Make (And How to Avoid Them)" - Phoenix, Tucson - August 31, 2015
- Ogletree Deakins Workplace Strategies Seminar - "You're Not the Boss of Me" - San Antonio - May 14 - 15, 2015
- Wholesale Retail Group Conference - "Living Wages – Ethical, Legal, Economic and Practical Issues" - San Diego - April 21 - 22, 2015
- Managing a Workforce in 2015 - "A Regulator’s Perspective on Employment Laws and Enforcement Trends" - Scottsdale - October 3, 2014
- Ogletree Deakins Seminar - "DOL Wage and Hour Investigations, Regulations, and Litigation: Everything Old Is New Again" - Scottsdale - October 3, 2014
- AZSHRM 2014 Employment Law and Legislative Conference - "To Audit or Not to Audit" - Phoenix - February 26, 2014
- September 2014 - ShermanHoward.com - "Labor pains: Arizona Employers are Facing an Onslaught of Wage and Hour Claims"
- May 16, 2016 - AZ BIG MEDIA - "Businesses may be forced to reveal pay practices"
- July 20, 2015 - Arizona Commercial Real Estate Magazine - "DOL cracks down on illegal practices in construction industry"
- July 7, 2015 - Arizona Republic - "Proposal could extend overtime pay to 100,000 Arizonans"
- June 30, 2015 - Phoenix Business Journal - "How employers might skirt new Obama overtime rules"
- May 13, 2014 - Phoenix Business Journal - "Most Hiring Managers Say They Look At Applicants' Social Media Posts"
- March 13, 2014 - Phoenix Business Journal - "Wage Lawsuits Against Businesses on the Rise"
- March 12, 2014 - Phoenix Business Journal - "Obama Looks to Expand Overtime Rules, Could Follow California Model"
- July 10, 2012 - Law360 - "Ariz. Court Says Employer Not Liable For Biz Trip Car Crash"
- April 6, 2012 - Phoenix Business Journal - "Improved Job Market, Restructuring Spark Worker Claims"
- April 6, 2012 - Phoenix Business Journal - "Salaried Workers Get Squeezed"
- July 22, 2011 - Phoenix Business Journal - "Employee Firings Must Be Handled Carefully"
- November 26, 2010 - Phoenix Business Journal - "Common Missteps Employers Make When Dealing with Accommodations"
- June 25, 2010 - Phoenix Business Journal - "Unpaid Internships Full of Pitfalls"
- May 2, 2010 - Arizona Republic - "Social media raise red flags for employers"