On August 2, 2019, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs announced the release of its new compliance assistance guides. Among the new guides are:
- OFCCP At A Glance, which introduces and provides an overview of OFCCP, “its mission, the equal employment opportunity laws it enforces, an overview of federal contractor obligations, and workers’ rights.”
- What Federal Contractors Can Expect, which “provides general expectations that guide interactions between contractors and OFCCP.”
- Construction Technical Assistance Guide, which “is being updated and is coming soon,” provides a general overview of construction contractors’ obligations.
- Applicant Tracking Guide, which “provides the definitions for Internet and traditional applicants, identifies applicant records that contractors must keep, and provides other key terms to know.”
- Applicant Tracking FAQs, which includes answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) concerning contractors’ obligations with regard to applicants.
- Postings and Notices Guide & Checklist, which includes the posting and notice requirements with which contractors must comply.
- EO 11246 Recordkeeping Guide, which identifies the records that covered contractors must keep under Executive Order (EO) 11246 and explains the duration of the retention requirements.
- Section 503 Recordkeeping Guide, which identifies the records that contractors must keep under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act and how long contractors must keep these records.
- VEVRAA Recordkeeping Guide, which identifies the records contractors are required to keep under the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and how long contractors must keep them.
OFCCP’s announcement states that it developed these guides as a result of its 2017 Town Hall Action Plan and stakeholder engagement. These updated guides should be helpful to federal contractors and subcontractors seeking to understand OFCCP’s regulations and initiatives.