Although most employers will have already taken steps to reduce costs, the prospect of needing to make redundancies to help manage the long-term economic impacts of COVID-19 remains a reality for many. In this webinar, the speakers will answer common questions and provide practical tips to help employers in the United Kingdom navigate the challenging issues faced when implementing a redundancy programme, including:
- What is a genuine redundancy situation?
- When is the obligation to consult triggered and which employees fall within the scope of individual and collective consultation obligations?
- How to design a fair selection process
- What is “suitable alternative employment” and why does it matter?
- How to navigate the redundancy timeline