California employment law constantly changes, especially during a pandemic. In this webinar, the speakers will review the new measures signed into law by Governor Gavin Newsom that will become effective in 2021 and provide practical tips on how employers can update their workplace policies and practices in light of these new laws. Topics will include:
- expansion of leave under the California Family Rights Act (CFRA) and COVID-19 supplemental paid sick leave;
- increased employment protections for crime victims;
- revised definitions and exemptions regarding independent contractors;
- the workers’ compensation liability presumption for COVID-19-related cases;
- pay equity reporting requirements;
- no-hire provisions in settlement agreements; and
- paid sick leave designation changes.